The State Performance Plan and Annual Performance Report identify Suspension/ Expulsion according to:
The OSE has prepared an Overview for Indicator 4A (Suspension/Expulsion) and 4B (Suspension/Expulsion by Race/Ethnicity) to address the following questions:
- What is the difference between Indicator 4A and 4B?
- Where do these data come from?
- How are calculations for Indicator 4B different from those for Indicators 9 and 10 (Disproportionate Representation)?
- My local’s counts appear to be reasonable. Why then, have we been selected for monitoring?
- My local was monitored for suspension/expulsion last school year. Must I go through this process again?
- For the purposes of Indicators 4A and 4B, does the number of suspension days that a student with an IEP accumulates during the school year follow the student even if the student enrolls in a different local?